Conduct in-depth assessments of the sector needs in the target sites. With support from senior technical colleagues, carry out WASH assessments in coordination with other thematic areas and/or other external sector agencies, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s needs. Use standard Save the Children needs assessment format for data collection
· Based on assessments, provide strategies for early recovery, rehabilitation and development phase of WASH programming and develop concept notes and proposals
· Determine the WASH staffing needs and lead in the organization of the team from interviewing candidates, training & mentoring new staff, and staff supervision.
· With support from Head of program implementation and WASH Technical Specialist, help develop project plans and budgets for WASH grants.
· Provide inputs on strategies for early recovery, rehabilitation and development phase for WASH programming
· Develop concept notes and proposals that includes advocacy messages on WASH
Implement projects as set out in WASH project planning documents, flagging up both successes and risks to Team Leader.
Lead the preparation of WASH programme and donor reports.
· Identify project supplies, develop procurement plan and coordinate with the logistics team to ensure materials are available as per implementation plan.
· With MEAL team, develop and carry out monitoring and evaluation activities as agreed in a monitoring and evaluation framework.
· Ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all relevant stakeholders, including disaster affected children and their families.
Implement project activities that adhere to the minimum standards of humanitarian relief and are in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct and other Save the Children quality standards
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
Represent Save the Children WASH program at the local and state level
In collaboration with Head of Program Implementation, WASH Specialist, MEAL specialist in feeding in learning, experiences and evidence to relevant CO/ Regional advocacy objectives
Deliver results in line with the current proposals and Save the Children’s strategy and to do this in a way which maintains the reputation of the WASH team and the Humanitarian Department.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Ensure that the security, health and wellbeing of staff needs of staff are addressed and staff management and other processes and policies and systems reflect Save the Children's principles of equity and fairness.
To perform such other responsibilities as agreed with your line management.