Duties and responsibilities:
The IT Specialist will serve as the primary point of contact for the program offices concerning information technology and will assist in providing service to program employees and maintaining systems management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure availability and reliability of the IT infrastructure, applications, and connectivity.
- Ensure that system security and organizational compliance, processes, and procedures are in place and properly maintained.
- Perform proactive tasks for IT equipment, infrastructure, and applications maintenance.
- Facilitate information management and usage.
- Lead security administration management and licensing.
- Lead technical support for software installations migrations and upgrades for all application systems.
- Manage disposal of IT equipment.
- Manage the database, network, security management, and data storage validation.
- Maintain and manage IT inventory and keep up-to-date records, including assets BIS licenses, coordinate with field offices and Operations in-charge person of maintaining master inventories List.
- Keep and track communication companies' contracts and report on the status in case of end dates, renewal, etc.
- Track overall IT software and applications licenses and update, request renewal in sufficient time.
- Assist with procurement and implementation of new servers, technology, etc.
- Provide user-level technical support for end users, computers, printers, etc.
- Assist with end-user system updates and monitoring including patch management. spyware removal and testing, virus checking, ensuring backup of data files, etc.
- Monitor printers, copiers, and fax machines to make sure they are working properly and getting regular maintenance.
- Provide a high degree of professionalism and end-user satisfaction and work well with others.
- Identify possible job training opportunities to enhance the performance of the IT department to promote IT services satisfaction to users.
- Assist with technical documentation of systems and processes.
- Assist with the creation and documentation of IT Strategy.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a relevant field is required, specifically three years’ experience; with USAID or other donor-funded projects.
- A relevant degree in computer sciences or IT is required.
- Experience in both hardware and software requirements in local area network (LAN).
- Experience in the configuration of internal email system as per the LAN.
- Extensive knowledge of the internet, proxy, pop mail, TCPIP settings, Linux, and Windows applications.
- Excellent knowledge of inventory control procedures.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is required.
- Position open to Sudan nationals only.