Vacancy No: 1
FSN Grade 10
Regional Program Manager (RPM) or designate
No. of Post:
Greater Kordofan Region, Sudan
Long Term, Full time, Specific Work Contract
20 Oct 2023
DT Global is recruiting for project positions for a 38-month USAID-funded program in Sudan focused on strengthening citizen engagement around shared, democratic values. The program aims to build the capacity of civil society organizations, support social institution building, and strengthen strategic communications and public information/outreach in order to improve citizensí access to timely and accurate information.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Program Development Officer (PDO) will lead communications with local partners and work closely with members of the Grants Management Unit (GMU) and Communications to oversee activity design and implementation. This position may require regular travel throughout the Greater Kordofan Region in Sudan contingent on the security situation and on project need, reimbursable for project-related travel expenses.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential program partners, and work with them to design and develop grant concepts and activities, through networking and outreach, under the overall direction of the Deputy Chief of Party-Programs (DCOP-P), USAID staff and other program representatives.
- Consistently develop strategically relevant concepts that respond to the established program goals and objectives. Demonstrate high level of understanding of USAID grant regulations and other considerations that may impact activity design and work closely with the Grants Team to proactively address these issues. This includes doing activity write-ups and supporting due diligence processes.
- Demonstrate high level of understanding of prior implementation challenges and actively incorporate lessons learned into the design of new activities. Proactively share lessons learned across the program and contribute to the development of new tools and knowledge that can be integrated into programís M&E function.
- Actively participate in the problem solving and troubleshooting throughout the grant cycle to assure implementation remains within the spirit of the original design concept. Provide technical assistance to grantees and potential grantees as required, throughout the activity cycle, in coordination with other staff.
- Closely analyze the Programís rapidly changing environment on an ongoing basis, and contribute to rolling assessments, strategic review sessions, and recurring meetings.
- Facilitate and maintain linkages and networking among various actors. Support collaboration with partners, government, and other key stakeholders as a base for building/maintaining/expanding overall program impact.
- Use an Activity Database to document and monitor activity updates, in close coordination with other GMU team members.
- Work closely with MEL team to coordinate monitoring of the activities under implementation to ensure that they meet activity and program objectives and produce regular site visit reports.
- Coordinate with grants and procurement staff to provide sufficient written information for negotiation memos and all relevant contract documents as possible.
- Travel to projectís areas of operation as directed.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Three to five years of relevant experience preferred.
- Experience working with local organizations or community-based groups in a relevant field, including but not limited to community engagement, civic education, or advocacy.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of local and country context and social conditions in Program, with the ability to think creatively in conceptualizing relevant activity ideas.
- Experience in working with local partners on project design and implementation of activities preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively use computer software and MS Office application applications. Willingness to learn how to use the programís Activity Database.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is required.
- Position open to Sudan nationals only.
Applicants are requested to submit their CVs and a cover letter through Sudan Jobs. The cover letter should outline your motivation and why you believe you are qualified for this position. The deadline for all applications is October 20 at 11:59 pm.