Vacancy No: 1
FSN Grade 11
Deputy Chief of Party-Operations (DCOP-O)
No. of Post:
Port Sudan, Sudan
Long Term, Full time, Specific Work Contract
11 Oct 2023
DT Global is recruiting for project positions for a 38-month USAID-funded program in Sudan focused on strengthening citizen engagement around shared, democratic values. The program aims to build the capacity of civil society organizations, support social institution building, and strengthen strategic communications and public information/outreach in order to improve citizensí access to timely and accurate information.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Finance Manager (FM) will prepare and track budgets; oversee budget projections; ensure timely payments to vendors and consultants, oversee the daily recording of all expenses, and weekly or bi-weekly reporting of transactions to DT Global headquarters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall in-country financial management of program in accordance with USAID and DT Global policies and procedures, as well as Sudan law and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for proper stewardship and accounting of funds for program activities and grants as well as contractor operations, including maintaining liquidity of funds and regular financial reporting.
- Responsible for establishing and managing the programís financial systems, including designing and entering an organization structure according to project needs.
- Oversee the programís Finance Department, including finance teams in all projects sub-offices throughout the country.
- Review payment requests and vouchers.
- Maintain account code system to match the DT Global Corporate Chart of Accounts.
- Manage the maintenance and upgrade of financial, payroll information systems.
- Review and approve all Field Office Expense Reports (FOERs) submitted by the Finance team. Ensure the accuracy and completeness of the FOERs prior to upload and after upload; oversees required corrections in conjunction with the Home Office.
- Ensure all required financial documentation and back-up is uploaded to the DT Global online filing system and physically archived.
- Work with the Finance Team and Program Management Unit (PMU) team in the DT Global home office to analyze and resolve any non-billable expenditures.
- Review and approve all accounts receivables and accounts payables reports developed by the accountants.
- Ensure the steady flow of project funds, through timely and accurate fund replenishment requests to avoid interruptions in program activities; enacting cash controls to ensure there is a minimum of unutilized funds in the field; prepare monthly cash forecasts for the program leadershipís review and approval.
- Work closely with the program leadership on forecasting project burn rates, developing financial management tools; track and analyze spending data by location and by component area (as applicable) against the approved budget; provide regular reports on this information as requested.
- Produce accurate and timely DT Global Corporate financial reports.
- Report any inconsistencies or problems with field accounts to program leadership and the Home Office; recommend corrective actions as necessary.
- Conduct monthly audits of local expenditures including local bank reconciliation, cash accounts (mobile and petty cash), and US dollar expenses.
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with program financial legislation, and USAID and DT Global policies and procedures.
- Ensure approvals for all financial actions are in line with DT Globalís established approval thresholds.
- Regularly review the DT Global Field Office finance regulations and templates to ensure current practices are compliant and practical.
- Respond to DT Global internal and external auditorsí comments concerning finances and oversee required action to address deficiencies.
- Ensure DT Global remittances to the appropriate authorities are made in a timely manner and in compliance with local tax law.
- Prepare applications for exemption from VAT, if VAT is paid on any goods and services, and ensure that requests for exemptions are submitted on time.
- Keep a regularly updated report of all expenses over $500 over which DT Global has to pay VAT.
- Identify and evaluate areas of risk in the program and program activities and make comments and suggestions on the development of the approach to the audit.
- Conduct audit procedures, including identification and identification of issues, development of criteria, review and analysis of supporting documentation, and documentation of processes and procedures.
- Identify, develop, and impartially document audit issues and recommendations for controlled areas.
- Communicate the results of the audits to the program leadership or DT Globalís Home Office on request.
- Provide internal training to build the knowledge, skills, and competencies of the Finance team.
- Respond to any queries submitted by the field offices with regards to compliance with DT Global and USAID policies.
- Potentially travel to projectís areas of operations if needed.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- At least six yearsí experience in financial management and accounting with large international firms or NGOs implementing donor-funded programs.
- Prior experience working on programs funded by USAID preferred.
- Fluency in computer applications, such as Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel) and accounting programs, preferably QuickBooks and Quicken.
- Experience in developing financial management tools, designing financial and accounting systems at an organization level, and experience in tracking and forecasting project expenditures.
- Experience training and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrated financial management, accounting, planning and communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management and ability to work in a team and under pressure and on tight deadlines.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills and good judgement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with tact and diplomacy in a multicultural, multiethnic, and religiously diverse group.
- Possess demonstrated leadership skills, humility, and self-awareness.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is required.
- Position open to Sudan nationals only.
Applicants are requested to submit their CVs and a cover letter through Sudan Jobs. The cover letter should outline your motivation and why you believe you are qualified for this position. The deadline for all applications is October 11 at 11:59 pm.