Relief International (RI) is a leading global organization and home to teams of humanitarian professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
[Describe overview of job missioPPOSSUMMARY:
Under the Area Manager and Health and Nutrition Technical Coordinators, the Senior Nutrition Officer will be responsible for the overall management of nutrition and health activities under the UNICEF project. S/He will be responsible for contributing to the design and implementation of project activities, in consultation with Health and Nutrition Managers and the Nutrition and Health Technical Coordinators. S/He will ensure UNICEF project is delivered on time and in line with the project implementation plans.
The Senior Health and Nutrition Officer will, in collaboration with the Health and Nutrition Technical Coordinators, be involved in the Health and Nutrition Sector Working Group activities at the state level.
Duties and responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Roles & Responsibilities:
Objective 1: Ensuring quality implementation of North Darfur’s UNICEF Health and Nutrition project in coordination with the Area Manager and Nutrition and Health Technical Coordinators and supervise the delivery of project activities and interventions as per the agreed work plan.
- Ensure qualified and experienced needed staff under the grant are recruited and well inducted.
- Oversee training and coaching of the project’s health and nutrition staff to deliver high quality health and nutrition services according to national guidelines; this includes both formal training and on-job training
- Review program reports identify issues in implementation and recommend and implement approaches to strengthen program implementation.
- Compile and review all nutrition and health reports and send them to the Technical Coordinators for further review and submission to the relevant individuals.
- Working with the supply chain team, ensure timely submission of procurement requests, support the timely delivery of health and nutrition supplies and ensure supporting documentation is received to verify delivery.
- Ensure timely collection of weekly and monthly data from project sites, analyzing data with support from the Technical Coordinators to ensure evidenced based implementation and review of project progress. Support in the preparation and updating supporting documents (work plan, procurement plan, spending plans, training plans, staffing plans) to ensure strong project implementation
- Contribute to the health and nutrition sector budget management and support in ensuring all activities’ spending is transparent, on track and provides value for money.
- Lead nutrition team in planning and implementing nutrition outreach and assessment; identify cases for admission to feeding centers operated by other Partners
- Ensure continuous availability of health and nutrition essential supplies in all project sites.
- Ensure availability of updated stock and bin cards in all project sites.
- Organize and coordinate monthly support supervision sites to project sites and ensure that findings are shared in reports, discussed and action points followed up.
Objective 2: Provide technical oversight for UNICEF’s interventions and activities, monitor program reporting to ensure programming is delivered in line with best practice standards
- Contribute to mentoring and training of project staff to ensure high quality of program delivery
- Review and develop training tools, curriculums and ensure smooth capacity development activities as per the plan. Develop capacity building plans.
- Collaborate with relevant field organizations and partners to ensure RI’s programming is in line with the health and nutrition sector working group standards and approaches.
- Participate in delivering high quality health and nutrition assessments (SMART, SQUEAC, KAP, mass MUAC screening surveys).
- Together with the coordinators, attend UNICEF and other partners’ meetings
- Document lessons learnt, challenges and best practice and share lessons with other health and nutrition actors.
- Working with the MEAL team, ensure data verification at the field level is done on a monthly basis.
- Update monthly IPTT and BvAs for the UNICEF project.
Objective 3: Ensure timely project compliance and reporting, monitor implementation and achievement of program indicators. Develop plans to adjust programming to address issues
- Assist in the preparation of data and information reports and all related documents on a monthly basis including updating of the 4Ws and inputs for the sector sitreps.
- In collaboration with data and information officer, ensure to keep and file data, records and correspondences related to the project in a safe and organized way
- Support field staff in dealing with relevant organizations, institutions and donors
- Check and verify source documents for accuracy, where necessary (validation of reporting)
- Ensure strong documentation is in place to verify the delivery and use of supplies and the achievement of program objectives
- Check completed field work for accuracy and ensure storage of information and data is completed timely in various documents.
- Respond to requests for information
- Comply with data Integrity and security policies.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Nutrition Technical Coordinator, Health Technical Coordinator and/or DCD-Programs.
Internal: All RI Sudan staff but especially field staff, Health and Nutrition Managers, Area Manager, Nutrition Technical Coordinator and other sector coordinators.
External: Local level government, local and international NGOs and UN Agencies in both field locations and at state level.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Holds themselves accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Relief International values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Relief International, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
To apply: Please, submit your CV, work certificates and qualification to HAC Office in Elfasher, a telephone contact number and two professional references, or online through sudanjob.net closing date: 02.04.2023, at 14:00
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. To find out more about Relief International please visit our website at http://www.ri.org