Vacancy No: 633737
Fixed Term NOA
Head of Ed Daein Sub Office
No. of Post:
Ed Daein, East Darfur
01 April 2023
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To provide support to policy and Programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Leading the Programme unit of Ed Daein sub office and act as alternate of the head of sub office.
- Enhancing the coordination between WFP Ed Daein and the partners, stakeholders, and government entities of concerns, by having in place the monthly (food coordination meeting, monthly pre-food distribution meeting and monthly post food distribution meeting).
- Contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider Programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straight forward in nature, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects.
- Support the identification, development, and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g., through project management support of learning initiatives.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
- Support the CPs to have their invoices, weekly/bi-weekly reports and the monthly report on time agreed on.
- Responsible to compile all office units weekly/ bi-weekly reports.
- Responsible to do the CPs capacity assessment, CP mid-year and end of year performance evaluation.
- Responsible to represent WFP in any internal or external Programme related meetings with Government, UN sisters and other humanitarian organizations.
- Responsible to organize the monthly operation meetings between the Programme unit, Logistic unit, and any other unit of concerns and to confirm the LESS and COMET information are harmonized.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance with one year of related work experience, or First University Degree with additional three years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Language: Fluency in both English language and Arabic language.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
• Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
• Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.