Duties and responsibilities:
The Operations Manager is responsible for all operational aspects of the program including administration, logistics, procurement, and oversight of assets. The OM will ensure the administration of program activities and general project administration in accordance with USAID/OTCM regulations and procedures. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following::-
- Supervise DT Globalís field presence in Sudan in the areas of operations (office space, equipment/inventory and project vehicles), administration, logistics, and procurement.
- Oversee and monitor program procurement, in close coordination with the Finance team and the Chief of Party (COP).
- Oversee the management, control, and disposition of non-expendable equipment and other project assets; maintain property report and VAT reports.
- Ensure the correct documentation of all operations and administration actions, both hard copy and soft copy, and particularly the effective utilization of OneSource and other DT Global program management systems. .
- Manage administrative and operations tasks. Support the regional field teams and offices.
- Coordinate with the Program staff to ensure timely and efficient delivery of all TAP activities.
- Ensure effective coordination with and provide support to the program team throughout the procurement process in preparing RFPs/RFQs, analysis of offers and awarding of sub-contracts.
- Support and monitor performance of field office operations staff in coordination with Regional Team Leaders.
- Oversee organizational movement and security management, including regular review of policies and procedures.
- Maintain familiarity with relevant U.S. and Sudanese laws and regulations as well as DT Global policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Conduct regular monitoring and supervisory field visits.
- Act as the security focal point for the project and communicate regularly with DT Globalís Security Director.
- Ensure formatting of project deliverables with the proper donor branding and marking requirements and archiving in the field office filing system in soft and/or hard copy as appropriate.
- Liaise with DT Global HQ staff on operations, including HQ and consultant travel, lodging, residence and office space management.
- In close coordination with the Finance Manager, support the daily financial operations of the program, including regular monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures
- Work closely with the Chief of Party on forecasting project burn rates and oversee the submission of accurate and timely DT Global Corporate financial reports
- Coordinate with the DT Globalís Home Office on all compliance issues, seeking legal and policy guidance on all issues confronting the program and developing solutions to overcoming these challenges
- While not directly responsible for overseeing activity development, the Operations Manager will be expected to have a good grasp of the programmatic aspects of the program and be prepared to step in as needed to support the COP, DCOP and other program staff in program development and implementation
- Generate weekly operations reports for COP and DT Global HQ, as required.
- Identify ways of achieving efficient operational support to program implementation in a fast-paced and fluid operating environment.
- Other duties as assigned