MedGlobal is a united state based international humanitarian and health non-governmental organization (INGO) working to serve vulnerable communities around the world by providing innovative, free, and sustainable healthcare. Our health services support refugees, displaced persons, and other marginalized communities in conflict-affected and low-resource settings around the world.
Programme Manger, and HQ technical finance lead
No. of Post:
6 months with possible extension contingent on funding and performance
15 Sept 2022
MedGlobal is a humanitarian non-governmental organization working to save lives and serve vulnerable communities around the world by providing healthcare and building resilience. Our health services support refugees, displaced persons, and other marginalized communities in crisis-affected and low-resource settings.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the professionís core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officersí coordinators and directors to guide their practice and conduct. The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, color, creed, and ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
MedGlobal is seeking to hire an experienced finance officer to ensure the integrity of Country Office financial management systems including general accounting policies and procedures, financial reporting, budget formulation and monitoring and financial analysis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures financial stewardship and accountability at all levels of financial operations. Ensures the integrity of financial management systems within the Country Office. Ensures that proper internal controls exist and are followed for all financial activities of the Country Office
- Ensures compliance with internal control policies related to the financial and administrative components, according to HQ procedures and donorís requirements
- Ensures that accounting manuals are updated and revised periodically
- Ensure that In country financial policies are updated and are in compliance with local laws
- Prepare operating budget for the country office and update the same on quarterly basis, keep management informed about any gaps and in consultation with HQ
- Take lead in preparation of costed work plans for the all active grants and update these on quarterly basis
- Prepare Budget Vs Actual (BVA) for all active grants and conduct monthly meeting with team on BVAís
- Work with Regional controller on Revenue Forecast of the country and update the same on as and when requested
- Oversee the financial software system and direct the appropriate monthly accounting closing procedures.
- Ensure appropriate communication on financial matters with the Regional/HQ finance
- Ensures timely and quality information for all financial reporting requirements
- Ensures that annual audit is conducted according to procedures, the timely closure of audit recommendations, documentation and preparation of a plan of action and audit corrective measures are followed
- Monitor cash flow in collaboration with the Programme manager, reigonal finance manager and HQ finance director; keep leadership informed about significant operational variances from budget or other financial issues.
- Supervises the preparation of cash flow and cash transfer requests and ensures that appropriate balances are maintained to facilitate smooth program implementation
- Supervises bank relations and bank account activities including transfers, fees, interest and currency exchange rates.
- In compliance with organization policies, adhere and make sure that policies regarding cash holding limits, cash movements and fund management are met.
- Oversees the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank accounts and cash reconciliations
- Coordinates the preparation, and implementation of budgets; monitors financial performance compared to the budget throughout the year and takes corrective actions as appropriate
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelorís degree in business administration, accounting, finance.
- At least seven (6) years of relevant experience working for INGO in finance, accounting in managerial positions.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of international donorsí major compliance rules and regulations
- Strong spreadsheet and data analysis advanced skills (Microsoft Office, especially Excel, any accounting software, using Quikbooks software would be an advantage)
- Knowledge of financial controlling / audits considered an asset
- Dynamic, motivated and flexible self-starter leader with creative problem-solving skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English and Arabic
- Working skill in a clinical setting
- Demonstrated experience of working closely with financial/accounting departments of the government, Health Sector and experience of working with a large complex multi-partner team.
- Understanding of accounting principles of NGO and public sector and national health system issues is an advantage.
- Effective presentation of relevant information (oral & written)
- Willingness to travel (at least 10% of time) in field areas,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages and Google suit
MedGlobal "Creating a world without health care disparities"