In response to the Tigray Refugees Crisis, NCA has established operation in Gedaref, Eastern Sudan since November 2020. NCA current interventions are focused especially on WASH Protection and SRH activity for women and girls across the camp, through Women and Girls’ Safe Space and Community Centre.
The Human Resources Coordinator primarily role is to support NCA Eastern Sudan Response Programme, in the management, organization of HR/Admin operations, including recruitment, learning & development and compensation and benefits in close coordination with the Country Head of HR. She/he will be supported and supervised by the Area Manager, but must be able to anticipate the outcome of activities and show initiative to achieve their objectives. She/he will receive orientation from the Country Head of HR with the objective to take over the full management of function in Al-Gadarif.
Duties and responsibilities:
Human Resources Management:
- Facilitates and develops approaches that help to enhance strong team spirit and healthy relationships among all staff.
- Support in talent acquisition and recruitment processes (identification of human resources needs, development of ToR, screening of CVs, interview of support staff, onboarding of new employees - introduce and ensure application of NCA HR procedures).
- Support in Learning and Development activities (Ex: Follow up on NCA Mandatory Trainings, external training etc.).
- Follow up the sectors to conduct and review staff Performance Development Review and the development of the capacity development plan of the staff being guided by the PDR framework.
- Handle national staff leave management (illness, overtime, compassionate leave), and ensure proper updated of Aditro (NCA HR Management System).
- Keep up to date and display schedules, contact numbers of employees.
- Manage the performance of the admin Assistant, housekeepers, guards etc.
- Organize meetings (weekly, monthly, conditional) report writing and follow-up of actions taken and approved at the coordination level.
- Ensure the archiving and storage of administrative and HR documents (pay slips, staff contract, HR proceeding documents, personnel file etc.).
- Be the focal point in following on national staff medical re-imbursement, and liaise with other departments or functions for staff payroll, benefits, etc.
Liaison and Governmental Relations:
- Facilitates and supports effective liaison with relevant government offices to ensure that government procedures are in place and followed, for the smooth running of NCA Operation in Gedaref.
- Draft letters and relevant document (mainly in Arabic) and ensure their timely transmission to Government Departments (COR, HAC, Labor Office, and related sectoral ministries), follow up and archiving.
- In liaison with the Travel/Liaison Officer, Country Ofice, Khartoum, assist and support Al-Gadarif International Staff and visitors on visa/work permit processes, travel permit preparing, invitation letters, for longer-term working permits.
- Accountable for ensuring that area technical agreements needed are in place and renewed in timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to the field Staff and administrative follow-up for expats (visa, residence permit, travel, accommodation etc.).
- Support when needed with the external and internal meetings - events, preparation, bookings and be the focal point for staff accommodation in Gedaref, Tunaydbah and Um Rakuba).
- Assist in making clear and systemic follow up of payment settlements (related to Electricity, Water, Telecommunication), of office and related staff houses.
- Ensure the tracking, filing and proper archiving of administrative documents (copies of lease agreements, official letters, etc.).
- Keep up-to-date and share contact lists (employees, partners).
- Draft and share meeting minutes (Weekly, monthly, conditional).
- Manage the performance of general sevices, drivers and security staff.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Qualifications, training, knowledge
- University Degree in Administration/Human Resources, Management, or related studies.
- Specific training in Leadership.
- Knowledge of HR Systems, governance of organizations is an Asset.
- Essential computer skills - Pack office (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook), Internet, Flash.
- Fluent in English and Arabic language with excellent writing capacities.
- Minimum 5 years related working experience.