Duties and responsibilities:
1. Strengthening the Procurement Function:
- Ensure that procurement functions are executed in accordance with the policies and procedures outlined in NCA Procurement Manual,
- Ensure that appropriate segregation of duties exists between the functions in the procurement cycle Elaborate standard specifications for purchase/contracting of goods and services (BoQ, TOR, quality pricing etc.).
- Independently review of purchasing documentation, budget verification and funds availability, compliance to NCA policies and donor regulations.
- Maintain adequate documentation of purchase transactions and procurement contracts for archival and audit purposes.
- Perform monitoring of supply and manage vendor/contractor/supplier performance to achieved best value of money.
- Strengthening the knowledge, skills, and procurement staff development support activity, including identifying training;
- Provide technical support to local partners in their implementation of NCA project activities.
2. Efficient Fleet and Transportation Management:
- Support in setting up transport procedures; and ensure the efficient follow-up of fleet movement and maintenance of NCA Vehicle.
- Ensure vehicles movement planning procedure is established, and validate vehicle movements in coordination with program, & security managers.
- Ensure effective fleet’s administrative follow-up and monitoring. Establish preventive maintenance management system, to optimize the transport service, reduce as much as possible the cases of breakdowns, delays, and surprises.
- Guarantee the necessary support for the function of fleet management, maintenance, prepare monitoring reports for the fleet of vehicles and vehicles for the mission.
3. Warehouse and Inventory Management:
- Ensure the management and monitoring procedures of warehousing facility, stock movement are in place and ensure that adequate standards of integrity, accountability and transparency are performed throughout the stock’s life cycle.
- Ensure the security and safety of staff, facilities, assets, and goods, as well of maintaining the optimum conditions of goods and the cleanness/suitability of storage facilities.
- Ensure efficient stock controls systems are established and stock movement are systematically recorded, filed, and updated to NCA inventory management system.
4. Facility and Asset Management:
- Ensure that adequate quality, safety, and security standards are implemented to NCA built environment with the purpose of improving the quality of life of staff member and the productivity of the core business. Guarantee the effective organization of maintenance operations for electrical, electromechanical, sanitary, air-conditioned systems, etc. and related equipment, buildings, and annexes (office/house etc.).
- Ensure NCA asset is well maintained and managed throughout their life cycle, keep asset list updated; updating additions and disposals, as well as recording movements (allocation and decommission) of assets.
- Act as the Access & Safety Focal Point for the Eastern Sudan program and liaison with the Country Access & Safety Focal Point and the Area Manager.
5. Related Other/Logistics Tasks:
In collaboration with the Area Manager and the Country Access & Safety Focal Point, supports, assists and facilitates the delivery of Access & Safety training (fire and evacuation procedure; first responder; Personal Security; Defensive driving etc.) for staff at all levels. Support NCA partners institutions on organisational capacity development Logistics management.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Minimum, 3-years of working experience in logistics /administration in humanitarian sector or working experience in management, administration, supply chain in Private and/or public sector (minimum 3 years).
Qualifications, training, knowledge:
- University degree/ in Administration/Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related studies.
- Specific training in transport, logistics and procurement etc.
- Good knowledge and experience in humanitarian logistics and supply chain management.
- Essential computer skills - Pack office (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook), Internet, Flash, and any related logistics/warehouseing software.
- Driving license (class B); good knowledge of traffic regulations for driving in Sudan.