1700-1900 USD based on experience & subject to all statutory deductions
Country Program Manager
No. of Post:
Khartoum State with frequent travel to the field offices
One year subject to renewal based on performance and Fund availability
11 August 2022
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières - Germany (VSF Germany) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international Organization, engaged in the field of veterinary relief and development work providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food safety, VSFG works towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. VSF Germany implements activities in Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenyan, and Somalia. VSF Germany is registered and licensed in Sudan by Humanitarian Aid commission (HAC) since 2010 and renewed its license every year.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified person to fill the following position according to its job description and specifications. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Position: Project Manager
Report to: Country Program Manager
Location: Khartoum State with frequent travel to the field offices
Duration: One year subject to renewal based on performance and Fund availability
Gross Salary: 1700-1900 USD based on experience & subject to all statutory deductions
Duties and responsibilities:
Leadership & Operations
- Provide direct leadership, management and supervision for all project staff.
- Develop, implement and improve systems for transparent and sound project implementation.
- In charge of project related logistics-, HR and financial management, ensuring strict adherence to donor and VSF Germany rules & regulations.
- Supervise, manage, and monitor all project related operations ensuring timely and cost efficient delivery of all ordered goods in all the field locations.
- Lead the staff on the ground in planning and efficient use of resources.
- Ensure completeness and high quality of project reports of team members and address issues as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with standard policies and procedures.
- Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of directs.
II. Project Management
- Pro-actively organize and conduct (baseline) surveys.
- Responsible of the project implementation including control of project expenses.
- Produce and compile internal and donor reports, including coordination and reporting on the project areas.
- Provide technical support and advice to project staff.
- Manage the development of team by ensuring, that project tasks are in line with the project description or Logical framework.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to the line manager and other VSF Germany stake holders.
- Minimize the organization’s exposure and risk on project.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Comply with, and enforce standard project implementation policies and procedures.
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the project.
- Prepare the final project report and review if all project documents are complete,
III. Technical support & capacity building
- Provide support and understanding to staff on project implementation and other relevant project areas (WASH, livestock and agriculture activities)
- Sound technical expertise and practical experience on livestock development programing such as livestock corridor development, Natural resource management, agriculture production and fishery development
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application of the same on the project activities carried out
- Identify staff development and training needs especially in areas relating to the core services of the organization and ensure capacity building of staff.
- Compile and submit internal and external, technical and progress reports to the line manager.
- Ensure clear channels of communication within the staff team in the project area and with the regional office.
- Active participation in technical meetings and committees on national and project level.
- Develop and maintain partnership with the government ministries stakeholders and collaborators within the project area.
- Participate in the project management, monitoring and analysis of output and outcome indicators.
- Keep the project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Meet with community representatives or government authorities to determine overall growth and development needs and goals, and to develop and support activities, programs, and plans.
IV. Financial Management
- Develop project activity budget, work plan and expenditure forecasts, for submission to the Line Manager and Country program manager.
- Develop monthly activity related financial budget and project expenditure forecasts.
- Submit punctual monthly expenditure report according to donor guidelines.
- Review timely monthly financial report on correct bookings and correctness.
- Responsible for field expenses and field financial management ensuring strict standards, rules and procedures provided.
- Ensure all project legal documents are complete.
- Manage the project budget to ensure funds are responsibly utilized as allocated.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- The preferred candidate should possess a Minimum Bachelor’s or Master degree in Veterinaries science, livestock production, plant science, Agriculture or any other related field with sound and related experience in INGO operations and management.
- 5+ years’ experience in project and program management with significant financial and budget management responsibility
- Experience of implementing and developing systems and processes for participatory monitoring, reporting & evaluation, program reviews & assessments
- Program cycle management and quality assurance
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Highly developed planning and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- High level of computer literacy including high level of Microsoft Word and Excel Skills.
- A proven team player with ability to plan own work, manage competing
- Priorities and work under pressure when required
- Clearly state your contact address and telephone number
- Only short listed will be contacted
- Closing date is Thursday 11th August 2022
- Applicants are requested to submit applications and CVs and non-returnable photocopies of certificates to be addressed to: Labor office, Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC), Eastern end of Gamhoriya Street & through online via: https://www.sudanjob.net
- Women are encourage to apply for this position