600 USD subjected to all statutory deductions
Admin / Finance Officer
No. of Post:
South Kordfan State – Abasyia office with frequent travel to the field offices & localities within the Sate
One year subject to renewal based on performance and Fund availability
11 August 2022
VSF Germany, Sudan office is an international Non-Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. In the region, VSF Germany implements activities in Sudan, southern Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, and Ethiopia. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food security but also with developing the capacity of communities and governmental institutions or initiating peace and conflict resolution we work towards food security and strengthening livelihoods of pastoralist communities. VSFG Sudan office is seeking a qualified person to fill the following position.
Position: Administration /Finance Assistant officer
Report to: Admin / Finance Officer
Location: South Kordfan State – Abasyia office with frequent travel to the field offices & localities within the Sate
Duration: One year subject to renewal based on performance and Fund availability
Gross Salary: 600 USD subjected to all statutory deductions
Duties and responsibilities:
- Finance & Accounting tasks
- Assist the Admin and Finance officer, in administration and finance matters to ensure
an effective management of the financial resources according to the VSFG procedures.
- Assist in ensuring the compliance of administration, finance and policies and procedures
Assist in ensuring payables are managed smoothly and efficiently in accordance with VSFG procedures and with accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in ensuring that all payments are done in a timely manner and that transactions are processed daily in the system and that they are accurate and complete
- Assist the Finance officer in control of the budget(s) and expenditures.
- Help in maintaining project financial documents for auditing purposes.
- Provides financial information required.
- Assist in reviewing the day-to-day financial needs and ensures adequate and timely replenishment of funds.
- Assist in controlling the petty cash in safe, bank and cash book.
- Help in posting transactions into the computerized accounting system.
- Help in managing the contracts with third party and supervises services rendered to project.
- Assist in ensuring completeness of supporting documentations for payment
- Help in petty cash disbursements, replenishment and petty cash count.
- Help in recording of transactions on a daily basis.
- Assist in reviewing all vouchers and documents to ensure validity of payment
- Maintain proper filing of vouchers and backup documents and safe storage of cheque books and banking documents
(B ) Administration tasks
- Provide support to all units including administrative, human resource and program departments.
- Provide guidance to staff in resolving operational issues and problems.
- Assist in procuring goods and services, in line with VSFG and donor rules and regulations.
- Help in maintaining proper inventory records of goods and equipment owned by VSFG and ensures that relevant control systems are in place and complied with.
- Assist in keeping personnel file and supporting the HR department in provision of required HR documents
- Help in keeping lease office contract and updating the Admin & Finance officer about the contract end date.
- Maintain office security as necessary.
- Help in Coordinating arrangements for meetings, visits, workshops and conferences, related to projects.
- Ensure that IT back up service is available to all staff in OFFICE
- Help in updating the local safety and security plan for VSFG main office on an on-going basis.
- Ensure that all visitors to the office receive a safety and security briefing
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting , Commerce or Business administration
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in the field of finance, Accounting and administration.
- Experience in procurement activities
- Knowledge of computer applications and financial accounting
- Fluency in English/Arabic speaking and writing
- Excellent skills of operating Microsoft word and excel spreadsheet
- Experience of using accounting software
- Clearly state your contact address and telephone number
- Only short listed will be contacted
- Closing date is Thursday 11th August 2022
- Applicants are requested to submit applications and CVs and non-returnable photocopies of certificates to be addressed to: HAC &Labor office, South Kordfan State. Abasyia & copy to Sudanjob.net
- Women are encourage to apply for this position