Overall purpose of the role:
The IT Assistant main objective is to fix the Network issues, support and maintain, troubleshoot, upgrade and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals on a day to day basis for the IT hardware and software systems in use by DRC Staff. Able to independently manage DRC systems as well as implement new systems, manage IT equipment, draw up strategies, follow IT assets list, write reports in Country office and also travel to field office, Kadugli, Gedref & Central Darfur
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide (IT) technical support services to end-users.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and keep reported records of users' problems & solutions offered
- Respond to and log calls, escalating calls as required with key support vendors.
- Service and maintain printers and other IT hardware across DRC Offices in Khartoum Gedref & Darfur.
- Format and install drivers and other software on Desktops, Printer\scanners, laptops.
- Evaluate existing service delivery arrangements, researches and provide options, recommendations (including budgetary and other considerations), and solutions to address DRC specific challenges in order to better meet client needs and ongoing performance improvement and enhancement.
- Documentation – Establishing a user friendly and elaborate documentation procedure to support all IT activities as and when required
- Ensure users utilize information technology in an effective and productive/proactive way. In this regard:
- Advise users on effective and efficient use of IT tools and facilities (software and hardware).
- Liaise with users to determine their IT training needs and developing and implementing IT training plans. Particularly, training users in application software used by the company.
- Planning, design, documentation and implementation of various systems to include desktops, Laptop PCs, servers’ network equipment, software applications and Multi photocopier scanner machines…etc.
- Provide on-call/remote technical support to the workshops. Regularly perform on-site support across management building and workshops.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of hardware and software resources within the company.
- Recommend Information Technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating company outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements.
- Collaborate with the line Manager to:
- Install, configure, and maintain security for LAN/WAN, Internet, wireless, and remote access services.
- Implement new software systems, and undertaking upgrades of existing systems, ensure active Anti-virus use on all computers in line with the DRC standards and guidelines.
- Ensure 100% availability of IT systems and services across all DRC Offices - (both local area network and for remote data communication/connectivity), and Internet connectivity.
- Assists in planning, design, documentation and implementation of various systems to include desktops, Laptop PCs, servers’ network equipment and software applications.
- Create and maintain good technical documentation, for IT Tracking equipment and asset management.
- Make recommendation for purchase of new equipment /services when necessary.
- Develop and use a reporting system that summarizes current spending related to IT. Implement strategies for IT and IT Services for DRC.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)