Duties and responsibilities:
This is a fast-paced role within a dynamic HR team, which will require a high level of initiative, pro-activeness and strong multi-tasking skills. You will be responsible of conducting investigations for HR-related concerns escalated from the P&C team from all sources, and other Employee Relations related work across all HA offices, as well as supporting regional wide investigations as needed
- Provide assistance to HRBP UK in managing HR ER matters related to regional staff.
- Conduct and lead independent investigations of both complex and non-complex employee matters, including grievances, safeguarding, staff disputes, performance issues and complaints.
- Thoroughly fact find, resolve the issue(s), and mitigate risk to the charity within prescribed standards, regulations & timeframes.
- Meet witnesses and respondents to gather all the facts on the issues raised. The outcome of each investigation will include a comprehensive, professional, balanced and accurate report.
- Chairing Mediation sessions to resolve disputes
- Identifying and providing solutions for enhancements and efficiencies in the ER investigative process.
- Adhere to established policy, regulations and standards for detailed, auditable and required documentation related to ER.
- Facilitate any disciplinary matters required by the SMT in accordance with local legislation
- Provide consultation, guidance, and coaching to Senior Management on the appropriate handling and resolution of employee relations matters
- Track and analyse ER issue trends, diagnose root causes, and develop recommendations for corrective strategies.
- Exceptional report writing and the ability to deliver clear and concise investigative summaries in accordance with applicable requirements.
- Have an understanding of International Humanitarian standards and best practices including CHS, SPHERE, and UN etc. Especially those related to safeguarding, dignity; do not harm principles and more.
- Open to travel regionally and on odd occasion overseas when required
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Minimum Bachelors degree, preferably specialization in HR.
- Minimum 2-3 years of Snr HR experience, preferably in ER role.
- Proven experience of providing an efficient ER service and providing advice on a range of HR issues (Employee relations, HR operations etc).
- Previous experience of working in international HR is desirable, you will need to rely on your varied HR resourcing experience and sound principles of people management.
- Be approachable, flexible, have a good eye for detail and be ready to work in a busy and varied role. You will also recognise that good HR practice can make a real difference to HA's success.
- Computer literate and experienced with MS Office Suite.
- Fluent English is essential (Advance Level). Additional languages - Arabic a must, Urdu and Somali a Bonus)
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the international development sector