Duties and responsibilities:
The Human Resources Officer will assist the Human Resources Manager (HRM) in the administration of the human resources department and various aspects of the hiring cycle to include recruitment, hiring, training, and employee wellness. The Human Resources Officer will assist with employee contracts, utilization, and payment of benefits, and work regularly with the Human Resources Manager to ensure compliance with DT Global and USAID rules and regulations and local Sudan labor laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Track social insurance to ensure that the social insurance contributions are paid on a timely basis and the essentials documents are prepared and filed for future reference and organized the payments of Social Insurance and proper record keeping, dispute resolution, record of all staff social insurance numbers, monitor updates in the social Insurances and provide updates to the HRM.
- Responsible for timesheets and attendance sheets collection for all TEPS National Staff, and ensure that all the timesheets are correct, staff records are completed, and follow through with submission to Human Resource Manager for final review and check
- Responsible for Issuing ID and Business cards for all TEPS national staff and international staff (Khartoum – Field Offices)
- Assist Human Resource Manager in the recruitment process and ensure that all newly recruited staff understand the mandatory reporting policies, list of penalties, and sign the acknowledgment for record and coordination of comprehensive orientation program for all newly recruited staff
- Keep an updated record of leave balances for all TEPS national staff, Report to the Human Resource Manager on staff leave balances on a monthly basis and as requested.
- Responsible for receiving, reviewing, preparing, tracking and receiving approval from COP for TEPS national staff medical invoices reimbursement
- Coordinate with programs team to receive all STTAs Documents (TORs, CVs, Rate Verification, and Bio-data) and make sure all the documents are completed; draft STTAs contracts to be reviewed by the HR Manager
- Work with supervisors to track and prepare LTTA and STTA contracts; undertake extensions for renegotiations in timely manner; submit staff contracts to HR Manager for review and then COP for final approval
- Ensures DT Global’s compliance to all applicable laws and principles of the Government of Sudan in relation to the DT global
- Maintain personnel files, folders and staff database for all TEPS staff in Khartoum and Field offices and make sure staff information is kept in confidential secure cabinets
- Send weekly report to Human Resources Manager which includes update on: Staff ID Cards, Payroll TEPS Salary Scale, Social insurance, National staff Annual Leave Balance, Permanent contracts, STTA Contracts, Bonus for Six Month and Performance Evaluation
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
The Human Resources Officer must be an individual with sound judgment, good communication, and team-working skills, and good experience working with international organizations, including compliance issues. In addition, the individual must meet the following minimum qualifications:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or a related field of study. Master’s degree in Business Administration field is preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) to six (6) years of relevant professional experience working in human resources and/or recovery and/or development program implemented in Sudan
- Knowledge of Sudan labor laws
- Proficiency with Word and Excel software
- Flexible, creative, and prepared to work effectively to meet deadlines in a demanding work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, and attention to detail
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and great attention to detail; Capable of quickly performing multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritizing and meeting deadlines;