We work with organizations around the world to help poor and vulnerable people overcome emergencies, earn a living through agriculture and access affordable health care.
Programs, RISING III
MEAL Senior ProjectOfficer RISING III
18 July 2022
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the overseas relief and development agency arm of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. It was founded in 1943 and works in nearly 100 countries/territories globally. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
CRS seeks to hire a Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Assistant(Sudanese National only) to provide MEAL support to the RISING project.
The primary role of the MEAL Assistant is to work directly with program staff and partners to ensure implementation of high-quality Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning for the RISING II project. S/he will be required to support the development of effective MEAL systems and data collection tools, collect data using qualitative and quantitative methods, conduct data entry and analysis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the development of effective data collection tools for routine monitoring project databases and reporting formats for the project.
- Collect and follow -up activities tracking sheets from the field staff weekly and enter data into activities database/central community database andIPTT.
- Compile and perform data entry as well as verification in relation to project processes (e.g. various distributionand beneficiary lists, training attendance reports, etc.).
- Conduct regular monitoring field visits including conduct data collection in person, via phone surveys and SMS. Assist in developing and programming tools in Ms. Excel, Kobo Toolbox, Text-it or other applications and submit updated field monitoring report and MEAL activities progress to line manager.
- Assist in creating training materials related to M&E as needed. Input project monitoring data into data management insight system, M&E. Support data collection, cleaning, and analysis. Participate in Data Quality Assessment reviews.
- Contribute to the monthly monitoring data report and collection of success stories with smart photography. Support the development and maintenance of beneficiaries’ database. Assist with any other duties as required by his/her supervisor including administrative and logistical support for a well functional MEAL system.
- Support to communicate key project information and results with community members, colleagues, and stakeholders. Contribute to reflective community-based conversations on ongoing project interventions. Shares insights and perspectives based on observations and interactions with community members, colleagues and stakeholders
- Support to ensure functional Complaint and Feedback Response Mechanism (CFRM) in projects areas and compile CFRM database and submit to line manager in every month maintaining strong confidentiality
- Support to compilation of projects indicators performance tracking template, voucher modality distribution sheet, CFRM database and submitting to MEAL SPO within the set deadline.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum High Diploma certificateis required. Professional Diploma/Certificate or courses in Monitoring and evaluation plus.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in monitoring and evaluation and experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
Required Languages -
Fluent in writing and speaking Arabic and English
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel in deep field up to 80%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong monitoring and evaluation orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
Theseare rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Key Working Relationships:
- In collaboration with the Project MEAL SPO and other relevant staff, participate in identifying new program opportunities, participate in needs assessment and proposal development as required.
- Represent CRS in forums as needed, such as, government partners, NGOs, donors, local partners, communitiesand other stakeholders, including sector coordination meetings.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, human trafficking everywhere and at all times. I, the applicant, accept these requirements as part of my job application.
Submission location: -
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume and copies of your education and work certificates to Lobour Office HAC Office - Eldaein, East Darfur. Ensure that your cover letter or resume has a phone number here you can be reached.