E1 Step: 1
M & E Manager / Area Manager
No. of Post:
Zalingi with frequent travel to the field.
10 July 2022
World relief Sudan is a nonprofit international Humanitarian and development organization, which has been operational in Sudan since 2003 following the Darfur conflict. The organization is implementing multi-sector humanitarian and development projects/programs in West Darfur, Central Darfur, Blue Nile and South Kordfan states. WRS is planning to recruit a well-qualified and committed M&E officer to oversee the MEAL functions for the projects implemented in Central Darfur states.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning officer will be responsible for the development and roll-out of the WRS central Darfur program performance tools for effective program delivery in the field office.
- He/She will be the country focal point to assist sector coordinators and offices in the MEAL aspect of their respective programs and build the capacity of field staff in effective use of the data management tools and reporting templates including surveys.
- The position will be responsible for generating periodic programme implementing reports and assessment reports. Specific Job Responsibilities MEAL Tool Development and Data Management
- Develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation system that will ensure tracking of project/ program results at different levels (outputs, outcomes and impact).
- Adopt an integrated database of all field office/ programs and ensure accountability through regular data updates, data integrity and working in collaboration with the data processors.
- Work with programs officer and managers to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for an effective MEAL system which will be utilized in monitoring strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing projects/ programs and services and for reporting on donor commitments.
- Review existing data collection tools for the current WRS programs in Central Darfur.
- Incorporate field and technical team feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of data management systems within WRS central Darfur office
- Timely update and share data on the 4W matrix to the cluster management system Monitoring and Reporting
- Maintain and update the overall WRS indicator tracker based on submissions from the country office and the donors’ Programs
- Work closely with the sector managers, coordinators and officers to ensure that feedback to the MEAL manager and Area manager is within time.
- Develop M&E plans for all projects and proposals and ensure the same is followed up during implementation;
- Ensure all grants have updated work-plan and performance management plan (PMPs) in tandem with all approved proposals, regularly reviewing and updating as needed
- Carry out data quality assessments/ audits regularly for MEAL data based on agreed indicators to guide decision making
- Provide alert to the respective program officers/ coordinators, on corrective actions required to avoid delays in implementation, including flagging operational issues and risks requiring timely actions.
- Review monthly progress reports from partners and ensure they have evidence to back-up and provide feedback to the respective staff
- Collate/ prepare regional reports related to internal reporting such as the quarterly and annual reports
- Ensure that cross cutting issues such as participation, gender, age and disability are effectively addressed/ mainstreamed in all project implementations as part of ensuring accountability according to WRS framework.
Assessments, Surveys and Evaluation
- Liaise with the regional sector coordinators/managers and all new and ongoing projects adhere to accountability requirements by initiating baseline surveys for new projects/ programs and conducting relevant evaluations for ongoing projects to meet WRS standards.
- Ensure that WRS office learns from all final evaluations of completed projects for decision making and improvement of project designs.
- Lead and/or coordinate all assessments, evaluations and performance evaluation tasks including HAC evaluation, planning and reporting on the same.
- In collaboration with the MEAL manager, assist in the development of TOR for external surveys and consultant recruitments/ selection
- Coordinate the review all survey reports prepared to ensure quality and accurate reporting.
- Timely plan and initiate all pre and post intervention assessments, KAP surveys, After Action Reviews, Post Distribution Monitoring and Real Time Evaluation of emergency programs.
Learning, Accountability and Capacity Building
- Conduct monitoring of all WRS implementation and post implementation monitoring that meet donor standards on a regular basis
- Provide relevant evidence for learning from projects
- Share learning and provide constructive comments to colleagues in order to ensure program quality
- Ensure Sex, Age, Disability Disaggregated Data), Accountability and Gender standards are consistently adhered in program delivery
- Build capacity of staff through training to ensure adoption of new data monitoring tools and quality of data collected
- Keep abreast of new approaches and tools on M&E, and provide training to Central Darfur staff, partners and stakeholders as requested. Enable staff to monitor and evaluate their own efforts, gather relevant data and produce required progress reports;
- Regularly collect data on and analyze the Complaints Reporting and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) accountability data to the WRS – Central Darfur team to facilitate quality improvement.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Agriculture, etc., Demonstrated experience in data gathering, processing and management of projects;
- Demonstrated experience of statistical packages and/ or data analysis software and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases) are a must;
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages
- At least 5 years of service in humanitarian and development works-3 Years at least in INGOs
- direct experience in a position of monitoring and evaluation of large scale projects;
- This position is based in Central Darfur, overnight stays in the field (WR established bases) are mandatory for this position. Monthly travel to and from filed sites is expected.
- Operating environment is extremely volatile, with security restrictions in force.
- Normal working hours are 8:00 am to 4:00pm, Sunday to Thursday. When in the field the hours may at times be adjusted in the light of the prevailing emergency situation being addressed or as required by the supervisor or job description. Total working hours per week is 40 hours.
- Spend over 90% of the contract period in the field.
Important Employee Information
WR forbids any smoking, drinking and substance abuse by its staff during working hours.
The staff is expected to treat the supervisor and other WR staff, community and visitors with respect.
Under no circumstance shall the staff entertain personal visitors within the WR compound. (EXCEPT AS APPROVED BY IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR)
Immediate dismissal may result from the following:
- Drinking alcoholic beverages, being in a drunken state, showing characteristics of drugs or other substance abuse.
- Theft of any equipment, commodity or item that belongs to WR.
ALL CVs with certificates & Cover letter submit to labor office Zalingi.
Close Date: 10/7/2022