Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all children who have contact with the organization are safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from child abuse and sexual exploitation. This commitment is implemented through the organization’s Child Safeguarding Policy, which includes mandatory requirements that apply to everyone in all aspects of Save the Children’s.
work. It applies equally to all children irrespective of their gender, disability, ethnicity, sexuality, marital status or religion.
Duties and responsibilities:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordination of project plans and following up on initiatives implemented for operational plans in cooperation with the concerned units.
- Follow up the project implementation procedures and document the accomplishments as planned.
- Contribute to collecting all the data and information necessary to measure operational performance indicators and formulate them to follow up the projects progress.
- Participate in preparing and negotiating contracts and determining changes and additions to agreements with suppliers, consultants and clients.
- Coordination with the concerned units regarding the technical designs of the projects.
- Provide the necessary support in preparing technical reports and following up on completion reports.
- Follow up work plans and document the financial, material and technical consumption of projects, and prepare reports for you and submit them to the Project Manager.
- Coordination between the executing agencies of the projects and the authority to implement the related projects.
- Providing support in preparing standardized studies, reference comparisons of projects and methods of implementing them according to best practices in coordination with the specialized units.
- Coordination and communication with the institutions implementing the projects and participating in their evaluation according to the selection criteria.
- monitoring and coordination of project activities at the field level
- Works closely with project staff and stakeholders at the field level.
- Coordination of operations within the organization, including (supply chain, accounting and human resources) to assure quality administration.
- Track progress on goals periodically
- Reporting to the Project Manager, s/he is responsible to support Project Manager with the overall follow up of the project in Khartoum.
- Evaluating employee performance and identifying recruitment and training needs
- Monitor retail operating costs, budgets and available resources
- Conduct emerging product research and use information to develop an enterprise.
- Create reports, analyze data, such as revenue, expenses.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to the company's policies and guidelines
- Ensure all payment dues are made on time.
- Do filling and maintenance filling system.
- Any other duties requested by your direct supervisor.
- Support partners to the development of EAMR staffing structure in the field, based on programmatic, administrative and financial requirements of the EAMR and in close coordination with EAMR PM
- Work closely with PM and the HR and senior program manager to ensure capacity building plan for partners is in place and regularly monitor in order to ensure high quality program delivery
- Ensure team structure and clear roles and responsibilities, as well as information management system in place to ensure smooth implementation
- Organize different forum and meeting to keep abreast of progress/plan at field level. In addition, organize regular general staff meetings (monthly).
- Collaborate actively with the EAMR PM, including Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) teams; solicit advice and feedback and work with the teams during Program design, advocacy message development, lessons learned documentation, and MEAL planning;
- Coordinate actively with local partner and the state authorities at Khartoum level and maintain good relationship with all the stakeholders in the project areas
- Ensure development of timely and quality technical and financial reports as per the project donor’s requirements against the agreed indicators;
- Compile concise quantitative and qualitative reports on a monthly, and quarterly basis;
- Ensure that ongoing program monitoring/learning feeds into alterations into program design.
- Work closely with the MEAL team to collect information on program monitoring, progress and quality to support ongoing reporting, proposals and other operational management tools , while ensure appropriate accountability and feedback mechanisms are established within the project.
- Set up data base systems at field and PO level and use information from database to track projects / program progress on monthly basis.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
- Ensure the Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policies are understood by all staff, partners and that it is integrated into all aspects of the team’s work.
- Supports implementation and various tasks linked with CSG induction, trainings and awareness raising, investigation and reporting on CSG and Code of Conduct cases and allegation.
- Liaises with the Safety & CSG Manager to timely review and update CSG risks and mitigation measures and to documents these.
Representation & Advocacy: in close coordination with the PM:
- Represent the SCI to local authorities, community based organization, NGOs, networks and the community leaders at the field office level.
- Maintain close relationship with partners, PTAs, teachers, head masters, community leaders, local authorities to ensure that programs are implemented in an effective and coordinated manner and maintain good public relations.
- Represent the organization in different forums as required in line with the organizational objectives and goals and support local partners visibility and involvement in local coordination and representation platform.
- Establish and maintain contact with all key actors relevant to program implementation in the field office and share program successes and challenges to broaden ownership and ensure genuine partnership.
- Maintain close working relationship with SDC local office and coordinate representation and advocacy and visibility effort at the field level with them
Occasional Significant Duties:
- Arrange and lead visit of visitors in the field
- Perform any duties as and when required or assigned by the organization / line manager.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2-5 years successful experience in project implementation with reputable humanitarian NGO operating in the Sudan
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Proven history of project management including project design, budgeting, implementation and monitoring and evaluation administration
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiation and coaching
- Experience with partner coordination, including government, non-governmental partners and donor relations
- Excellent analytical and creative abilities with strong results orientation
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Willingness to learn and share information
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team.
- Good computer skills in MS packages (Computer Applications; word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills including ability to be in control of delegated responsibilities.
- Interpersonal Communication Skills.
- Strong reporting skills and experience in developing donor reports.
- Working independently with limited supervision.
- Practical experience of program monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven ability to work to programmes and meet deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate and analyze large volumes of diverse data.
- Well-developed community mobilization skills
- Good knowledge of financial management in the NGO sector.
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages especially Excel and Word
- Energy and self-motivation.
- Knowledge of the needs of refugee, asylum seekers and migrant children living in Sudan