Director Risk,Compliance & Government Relations ( DRC&GR)
No. of Post:
Khartoum with frequest field travels.
One year (renewable)
10 July 2022
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
Duties and responsibilities:
Support the DRC&GR developing Risk Based Annual engagement Work Plan informed by
- Consideration of high risky areas in an updated CO risk management plan (RMP).
- Taking into accounts CD, SMT members, area managers and other key staff concerns.
- Co-lead the Coutry Risk Management Group monthly meetings.
Conduct audit & assurance review
- Evaluate key system for effective internal control and procedures in all areas and for save guarding SC assets.
- Assess the adequacy of the appropriate controls on collection, storage and access to important financial data and other sensitive information
- Annually visit sub-field offices to provide guidance and assistance, review programmes implementation plans risk areas,financial management and internal control.
- Visit project sites for adequate monitoring the quality of projects works and proper utilization of projects materials.
Carry out standards audit procedures to measure performance against budget, plans, policies and key deliverables in all areas and standard procedures and report to DRC&GR on monthly bases.
Issue an audit reports with constructive recommendations
- Prepare internal audit reports for field offices and country office soon after a field office visit or /and after the end of each audit assignement
- Issue an audit reports for sub-grantees on compliance to agreements and Donor’s requirements
- Prepare reports on special consultancy and investigative assignements
Facilitation of audits/reviews and follow-up on the implementation of actions
- Support the DRC&GR to coordinate external & internal audit reviews
- Follow up review of implementation status of the various internal and external audit recommendations.
- Ensure full implementation and clouser of the recommendations as planned.
Escalate critical gaps, trends or red flags identified during performing the work to CD, RO, RRC or CRO as appropriate
Fraud Awareness and Investigation:
- Raise awareness training staff on Fraud SCI procedures.
- Support the DRC&GR on implementation of necessary investigations related to frauds cases and other relevant cases.
- Ensure that country comply with SCI’s financial policies and procedures and support building their capacity to do this.
- Support the DRC&GR on producing insightful management reports, including commentary both for regional and global needs periodically.
- Working closely with the rest of the CO awards and finance teams to deliver on the team objectives including any other duties not already prescribed.
- Ensure that the internal control mechanisms are known, applied and adhered to.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Degree in Business Administration,Social Development,Accounting, Finance or releated field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 2 years spent within a country office capacity.
- Experience in internal auditing with non-profit / NGOs in Sudan is an additional asset.
- Proficient of in application of internal auditing theory, standards, procedures & techiniques.
- Experience in fraud awareness and case investigation management.
- An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems.
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, the ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently is essential.
- Available to travel frequently to all country locations.
- Experience with Save the Children award management and financial systems (AMS and Agresso).
- Significant experience in fraud and corruption prevention.
- Significant experience in audit management.
- Professional Audit Qualification and any relevant professional qualifications is preferred
- Knowledge of the Sudan financial legal framework.
- Ability to operate in a cross cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Can be trusted to work independently with limited supervision.
- Can be trusted to keep sensitive information secure.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply for this post.
Application, full CV, copy of qualifications and experience certificates should be delivered directly to HAC Labour Department, Khartoum – End of Gamojoria Street. to Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interviews. All inquiries should be addressed directly to Labour Office–HAC Khartoum. Closing date will be on day: 10/07/2022. Any application after this date will not be considered. All interviews done in the organization office.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents. SCI will be undertaking child safeguarding checks for all candidates. Selected candidate will asked to provide police checking prior to signing contract.