Duties and responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in the cluster and sector meetings especially the general protection sector as well as child protection and gender based violence (GBV) sub-sector.
- Ensure the implementation of protection activities including general protection, child protection and gender based violence (GBV) meets the standards according to standards of sectors, SOPs, humanitarian principles and sphere standards.
- Represent CDF in any protection forum or meetings with government counter part
- Ensure the establishment/formation of community based protection networks at the field/project sites in all CDF state offices
- Ensure the proper setting of community response mechanisms (CRM) in all CDF project locations.
- Prepare and submit reports required by sectors and subsectors including 4Ws and 5Ws reports.
- Initiate planning for longer-term GBV prevention and response activities, including referral pathway and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that community-based protection network mechanisms are supported and strengthened. This includes working with the project team to establish active and well-informed parents groups and children’s groups in all project locations. This also includes ensuring that Community Protection Committees are well-trained, informed, and involved in identifying child vulnerability, promoting the rights of children in their communities, and mobilizing community-based protection and care-giving resources.
- Responsible for ensuring that SGBV and Child Protection sections provide accurate reporting and documentation of activities.
- Establish and maintain a good coordination with the line ministers (CoR)/institutions, NGOs and civil society and other stockholders.
- Bring to attention of challenges at field levels.
- Ensure staff are fully trained and capacitated to provide case management services according to SOPs and guidelines, including the use of the case management database with respect to principles of sensitive data protection and confidentiality
- In collaboration with their supervisor, provide technical support, supervision and guidance to the protection team, and ensure that staff adhere to best-practices and professional standards and principles through formal training, capacity building, and on-the-job coaching;
- Identify technical gaps in the activities and identify/implement solutions to address these gaps.
- Support the Officers (GP, SGBV & CP) implement the case management programme, including recruitment of case management staff, orientation and training for new staff, and to day-to-day management and supervision of the protection case management team.
- Ensure that staff implement and respect best-practice and international standards in protection and child protection.
- Coordinate and communicate with the relevant stakeholders as per need.
- Conduct any other program activities related to the provision of protection services and assistance as instructed by the Program Manager.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities assigned by line manager or his designate