Duties and responsibilities:
- Process all the procurement requests assigned to him/her without delay.
- Identification of local dealers and potential suppliers of goods from local market (Khartoum and Field offices) applying FAO rules and regulations.
- Perform procurement process of goods and services applying FAO rules and procedures.
- Handles general procurement tasks such as purchase requisitions, tenders, expression of interest, purchase orders, contracts etc.….
- Assist in preparation of the invitation for Bids for international procurement, attending the Local Procurement Committee meetings, preparation, editing the LPC’s reports, and raising POs both for MS 502 and for MS 507 through the GRMS and all related documents.
- Execution of harmonized procurement service and elaboration of proposals analysis of requirements on common service expansion in the FAO, introduction of joint procurement for UN Agencies in line with UN reform.
- Participation in the organization of training for field projects staff on Procurement, synthesis of lessons learned and provision of relevant examples from the procurement practice.
- Maintain a proper and appropriate procurement filling system.
- Regular updates on budgets (related to procurement matters) in relation with the Administration and Finance Section.
- Assist in updating the list of suppliers for both FAO supplier’s list and GRMS, follow-up the review of the supplier’s registration documents and liaise with HQ to insert the details of the offshore new suppliers accordingly.
- Liaise with Logistics Unit for timely preparation and obtaining of letters of re-export, follow up on clearance of goods and shipments and ensure safe arrival of the consignments to the final destinations.
- Provide assistance in the management of all the constructions activities.
- Assist in sorting out all related service contracts i.e., Service contract, Works Contract, Lease Agreements, long term Agreements in accordance with MS 502.
- Undertake field missions to relief area to ensure safe delivery and storage of delivered supplies and materials.
- Assist the Procurement unit in the finalization of the annual procurement plan and the preparation of the monthly procurement updates.
- Update of the procurement database of all the assigned procurement activities and assist in the filling system.
- Screens and responds to all queries from the instructed potential suppliers/bidders and contractors.
- Drafts purchase orders/contracts for review by the Supervisor.
- Proactively reviews pending procurement tasks and report to the Supervisor.
- Monitors and carry follow up action on orders/contracts delivery and by the suppliers/contractors and ascertain that goods/services are supplied in accordance to the promised schedules and arrive to such schedules to close purchase orders/Contracts. Ensure that any possibility of demurrage or detention charges is immediately tackled with the supervisor to avoid unnecessary costs to the Organization;
- Communicating procurement awards decisions to the winners and unsuccessful bidders.
- Timely coordinating with the logistics and finance units to ensure that all delivery notes are actually endorsed by the concerned unit and necessary steps taken to ensure that supplier’s/Contractors invoices are dispatched for payment.
- Support other staff in case of additional work/procurement related task.
- Coordinate with HQ-Global Vendor/Banking Management for updating/creating supplier’s site in South.
- Raising POs and other related procurement tasks in GRMS
- Performs any other related duties as required.