· Liaises with Darfur respective states of animal resources, ICRC structures and EcoSec teams to plan and implement all livestock activities including refresher trainings for vet technicians and livestock vaccination coupled with treatment.
· Advice and support the field team(s) with the implementation of livestock based small scale livelihood support.
· Contribute in designing, planning and implementing relevant emergency interventions.
· Assess and analyse the livestock needs in support to livestock keepers and state directorate of animal resources at respective state levels.
· Ensure appropriate and timely internal technical reporting to the Flying Livestock Field Officer and Livestock Specialist
· In close collaboration with the respective ICRC structures and Ecosec teams coordinate, participate in relevant external coordination meetings within Darfur region.
· Understand and contribute to the concepts of “One Health” in the context of field in Darfur.
· Contribute to cost recovery approach for sustainable animal health and production service delivery.
· Monitors the livestock sector, sharing any changes and of course “early warnings” situation.
· Understands livestock migration routes and share the coordinates with EcoSec and WatHab for mapping of the migration routes.
· Assess the challenges facing livestock mobility including pasture and water.
· Prepare the Requisition Order (ROs) enlisting all the necessary materials for the programmes in liaison with the Flying Livestock Officer and Livestock Specialist, through appropriate channel in compliance with state animal resources and the ICRC guidelines.
· Understand the components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
· Respect and observe ICRC Sudan staff regulations.
· The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to EcoSec field teams and other departments when necessary.