· Contribute to the formulation of the ICRC livestock strategy in Sudan.
· Liaising with federal MARF as well as state level and EcoSec team, to plan, design and supervise the refresher courses for vet technicians.
· Provide relevant support in assessing, identifying, designing and implementing vaccination campaigns and treatments in ICRC area of operation in collaboration with the ICRC respective head of structure and MARF based on sustainable approach.
· Advice and support the field team with the implementation of livestock based small scale livelihood support projects.
· Design and contribute to the implementation of relevant emergency interventions.
· Develop monitoring systems and provide regular reports on program activities.
· Train and coach the EcoSec team on the livestock approach and related activities.
· Ensure appropriate and timely internal technical reporting to the Livestock Specialist and EcoSec coordinator.
· Coordinate and implement at the national level livestock activities with relevant authorities and actors such as MARF, FAO and others.
· Understand and contribute on control measures of transboundary animal diseases relating to both neighbouring and regional IGAD countries.
· S/he supervises all teams implementing livestock activities in the field in effective in a timely manner.
· Understand and contribute to the concept of “One Health” and “Climate Change” on the ICRC supported livestock programme in Sudan.
· Understand and contribute to the concept of Cost Recovery with MARF where required, to ensure sustainability in animal health and production delivery services.
· Monitor the livestock sector, sharing the changes and provides “early warnings” feedback.
· Understand the components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
· Apply security rules at all times.
· Respect and observe ICRC Sudan staff regulations.
· The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to EcoSec field teams and other departments when necessary.